Wednesday 7 April 2010

Easter Knitting - Egg Cozy



Browsing through Ravelry, I found a knitting pattern for a Chicken Egg Cozy.

As I had a little spare time and some scrap yarn, I decided to have a try. It turned out to be a rather quick and pain - free project, which is suitable for the beginner knitter.


I used 6mm knitting needles, Robin (acrylic) for the chicken body and Rowan Cocoon in Quarry Tile for the comb. The end result will provide enough space to accommodate two medium - sized chocolate eggs. Once Easter is over, it 
 can be used as an eggwarmer for boiled eggs - the dual use egg cozy as it were!!!

The knitting pattern is available free on the following blog:


Compared to my chicken the original looks a little different as I used different yarn, different needles and my chicken sports different accessories, but I still think she is rather fetching.


No comments:

Post a Comment