Sunday 2 March 2014

Catching up with the Finished Objects...

Hane Scarf, Yarn: Rowan RYC Bamboo Soft


For the first time, I find myself in the position of having to catch up on blogging about my finished objects, as my knitting activity seems to have increased dramatically over the last six months; and there are a number of projects that deserve to be included on the blog.

On average, it appears that I manage to complete a project every fortnight. No doubt, this is a result of my rigorous knitting activity whilst going about my daily commute. (If I didn't use the needles to knit, I might feel tempted to try them out on fellow commuters...)



Hane Scarf, Yarn: Rowan RYC Bamboo Soft




The first one up in the long list of projects to write about here is my "Hane Scarf": 


Hane Scarf, Yarn: Rowan RYC Bamboo Soft

The pattern was created by Canadian designer Erron Anderson and is available on her website and via Ravelry download. It's a fantastic little project, especially for aspiring lace knitters, who (like me) shy away from complicated lace patterns, that can only be completed, if one dedicates 100% attention to the pattern's stitch sequence. 

Hane's pattern repeats are easy to remember and the finished scarf looks pleasing and far more complicated than it actually is. This makes it an ideal project for all those budding lace aficionados out there.



Hane Scarf, Yarn: Rowan RYC Bamboo Soft

For my scarf I used approximately 200g of Rowan's RYC Bamboo Soft, a yarn that has sadly been discontinued. Despite Bamboo Soft having received a number of negative reviews due to it being too "splitty", I thoroughly enjoyed knitting with it. 



Hane Scarf, Yarn: Rowan RYC Bamboo Soft

Hane Scarf, Yarn: Rowan RYC Bamboo Soft

No comments:

Post a Comment