Friday 11 March 2011

Everybody loves Urchin ... or Can one get addicted to a knitting pattern?

Ysolda Teague is one of Ravelry's best known independent designers and deservedly so.

Apart from the fact that I consider her patterns well written, intelligent, well - presented and stylish, I also think that her career to date is both mind - blowing and utterly inspirational.


Strangely enough, I first came across Miss Teague in a Times Article whilst browsing the web and not, as one would expect, on Ravelry.



Outside Ravelry, Miss Teague can be found on her own website / blog, which is available here:



Amongst her free patterns are the (by now) famous "Urchin" beret, which was featured in Knitty's Fall 2007 issue and the garter stitch mittens (both are available here: http://ysolda.com/patterns/patterns/ ).

Even though I don't think that there are many knitters left, who haven't yet knitted one or the other, I urge anyone, who hasn't, to give Ysolda's patterns a try. If there is such a thing as "getting addicted to a pattern", then Urchin had that effect on me.
I am sure I speak for many others, who feel the same.

All in all, I have knitted 4 Urchins so far, and I am sure there will be more...

Pictures will be following shortly...


No comments:

Post a Comment