Sunday 10 May 2020

The Weekly Swatch: Scale Lace Knit Stitch

Scale Lace Knit Stitch
Scale Lace Knit Stitch

I have been neglecting my weekly swatch activity at the onset of 2020 and, counting from the beginning of January, I didn't post any swatches for over four months. I am now trying to catch-up with my (not so) weekly swatch posts and in an attempt to rectify this situation, I have  prepared another lace stitch for this week: the Scale Lace Knit Stitch. 

This is another easy lace stitch and the finished swatch, which is knitted with Rowan Bamboo Soft, suggests that this could be the perfect stitch motif for a drapey cowl or a wide stole. 



Scale Lace Knit Stitch

(The below sample shows the stitch worked over a multiple of 17.)

Row 1 (right side): K1, yo, k3, sl1, k1, psso, p5, k2tog, k3, yo, k1. 

Row 2: P6, k5, p6.

Row 3: K2, yo, k3, sl1, k1, psso, p3, k2tog, k3, yo, k2. 

Row 4: P7, k3, p7.

Row 5:, K3, yo, k3, sl1, k1, psso, p1, k2tog, k3, yo, k3.

Row 6: P8, k1, p8.

Row 7: K4, yo, k3, sl1, k2tog, psso, k3, yo, k4.

Row 8: P all sts. 

Repeat Rows 1 to 8 for pattern.

Scale Lace Knit Stitch Tutorial
Scale Lace Knit Stitch - Yarn: Rowan Bamboo Soft


For all knit stitch patterns and weekly swatch posts, please follow this link to my knit stitch library.

No comments:

Post a Comment